I am sorry that I only managed to post this entry two days later than it was supposed to be, but I found the ultimate blog with recipes of Irish pastries and cakes. On my search through the world wide web, I came across the blog of a fellow blogger.com blogger. She is an original Irishwoman and posts about all the sweet temptations you can bake or cook with typical Irish ingredients.
On March nineteenth she posted the recipe of a Chocolate Guinness cake which looked absolutely mouth-watering. That is why I decided to try the recipe. Unfortunately, I didn´t have time to buy the ingredients and bake the cake.
I was rather lucky to find some time yesterday to try the recipe out and I have to say that the result was undoubtedly yummy. :)
Since my cake was so delicious I missed, I have to admit, that I missed the time to take a picture of it. So I have to borrow the picture from the original post. (My cake really looked the same, which amazed me, because it was the first time I got a result which was so similar to the original one)
Recipe: Chocolate Guinness Cake
- 250ml Guinness
- 250g salted butter
- 80g coco powder
- 400g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 140ml buttermilk
- 280g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- I preheated the oven and then I poured the Guinness (which was pretty hard to buy at our local stores) and added the butter. Then I heated the ingredients and added the sugar. I left the coco powder out, because I am allergic to but I think, that it didn´t really change the flavour.
- After that I mixed the eggs, vanilla essence and buttermilk by hand and added it to the mixture. I poured the mixture in a bowl and added the rest of the ingredients and mixed thoroughly.
- The last step was to pour the batter into the tin and I baked the mixture for about 45 minutes. After approximately 50 minutes I removed the tin from the oven and set it aside to cool. Only after it cooled down you can frost the cake. That was one of the hardest parts for me, because I was starving.
In the end the taste was heavenly but I couldn´t it more than a tiny slice of the cake because it is really heavy. I think next time I will have to add a tiny bit more sugar but all in all one of the best Chocolate Cakes I have ever eaten.
Here is the link to the original recipe: http://hazeyfantazey.blogspot.ie/
No comments:
Post a Comment